Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tiffany's Tuesday Tunes: Happy Hipster Holidays

Remember how I said I love holiday music?  I was not kidding.  I really do.  So today's playlist is another installment of holiday music.  But, you know me, I have to keep things interesting.

While researching my playlist for last week, I found a offbeat, kooky, hispterish holiday song.  I loved it so much, I used it to start a new playlist.  The playlist was kind of a joke, looking for other indie, folksy, decidedly hipterish songs.  I never expected to fall in love with it.  But that is exactly what I did.

I guess it makes sense, I have quite a few hipster traits.  I like hipster fashion, even if I cannot pull most of it off.  I love to don my glasses, rock my natural curls, and throw on a scarf to look casual and trendy.  So, my fashion sense is on the hipster fringe.  My love of social media is certainly a hipster trait.  My increasing desire to eat a clean, wholesome diet is trending toward the hipster.  My love of obscure music, movies, and books is most definitely hipsterish.  You guys!  Am I a closeted hipster??  I think I might be!  I really hate to fully embrace the label of hipster, because in my mind hipsters are much younger (both chronologically and emotionally) than I am, but there is no doubt I skirt the edges of this subculture.  I would absolutely love it if my little town became a hipster haven, and I think my covert hipster status is what makes me want to move to the west coast.

Hipster holiday


I do not think I will ever be full on hipster.  No PBR or skinny jeans for me thanks.  But I will proudly share this hipster holiday playlist, and tell you that I love it with the fire of 1000 suns.