Friday, November 8, 2013

17 Things I Have Learned (so far) from NaBloPoMo 2013

Tell us what you've learned so far about daily blogging.

1.  I tend to put my blog posts off until later in the day.

2.  I spend a lot of time reflecting on the writing prompt.

3.  Posts with photos get more attention, because the thumbnail sucks you in

4.  Because of this, it stresses me out if I do not have a photo that goes well with the post.

IMG_7402
This has nothing to do with this post, but it made you look right?  So, I still win.


5.  I miss reading other people's blogs and engaging in conversation about their posts.  I need to get back to doing that more.

6.  My husband can make any situation, good or bad, better.

7.  So can our weiner dogs.

8.  There are a million things I wanted to blog about in the past, and never got around to it.  Daily blogging pushes me to write those posts.

9.  HOLY CRAP NOVEMBER IS 1/4 OVER ALREADY!

10.  I am much more serious and introspective about the writing prompts than I thought I would be.

11.  To keep the posts from being too serious, I tend to end posts with a snappy, snarky, one liner type statement.

12.  I think numbered lists are a lazy style of posting.  Most of the things are things your readers already know, or would know if you were writing better posts.

13.  Numbered lists also prevent much conversation or reflection, two things I tend to enjoy in blog posts.

15.  Given the above stated opinion, it is clear that today, I just don't have much more in me that a lazy, phoned in numbered list.

16.  If you are going to use a numbered list style post, at least do an unusual number of items.  It will keep people guessing.

17.  I totally just skipped number 14, so that I could fulfill numbers 11 and 16.  Deal with it.

NaBloPoMo November