Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tiffany's Tuesday Tunes: H is for Halloween

Untitled

Ever since I was a kid, Halloween has been one of my favorite days.  In fact, it has gotten to the point that the entire month of October is over taken with spooky activities for me, and this year it reached epic proportions.  We explored an old asylum, an allegedly haunted cemetery, a deserted circus, and an abandoned amusement park.  We went to a zombie paintball outing, as well as a ghost walk in a local town.  We have watched countless horror movies (most of them terrible), and we carved six miniature pumpkins.  Finally, last weekend, Trick or Treat was held in our town.  I dressed up (something I have never done for Trick or Treat), put costumes on the dogs, and used a little speaker to play spooky music on the porch while we handed out treats.  It was so much fun, we had more trick or treaters than ever (Hubby had to make an emergency store run for more treats!), and some of the costumes were amazing!

halloweencollage


There are several reasons why I like Halloween.  First off, I like the fake scariness of it.  As someone who is highly anxious, I am used to being scared for extended lengths of time.  With Halloween, we know any scares we encounter, either from a haunted house actor or a scary movie or anything like that, are very temporary and completely false.  Something about that is comforting to me.  It actually makes me feel energized.  Also, by willingly subjecting myself to spooky things, I am in total control of the fear, and that is empowering.  Another reason I like Halloween is that it allows people, myself included, to be someone else for a little while.  It allows people to express creativity.

We have just a few days left in the witching season, and I intend to enjoy every minute of it, starting with the minute I hit start on my Halloween playlist.

Consider it my trick or treat to you!