Tuesday, April 23, 2013

35 Day Project: All the small things

On Wednesday of last week, I found myself presented with opportunities to do a lot of small acts of kindness.

I had gone to breakfast with my friend and her son.  As we left the restaurant, I help the door open for an older couple who were walking in.  Their entire faces lit up, just because I held the door.

While driving, I took a moment to let someone out ahead of me.

At an appointment, the receptionist was looking up my information, and her phone kept ringing.  She was clearly getting flustered, and felt bad for making me wait.  I simply smiled, and told her to take her time.

In the afternoon, I took a walk in my community.  A man was out with his dog.  I stopped and chatted with him about how adorable the dog was.

Untitled

Sometimes, the little things all add up to make a big difference.