Friday, March 22, 2013

35 Day Project: Gratitude

Sometimes,we get frustrated.  We have days where we don't feel well, or can't sleep, work makes us cranky, someone cuts us off in traffic, a countless number of small nuisances.  Yet there is still so much for which we can be grateful.  It is gratitude that has inspired today's act for the 35 Day Project.

Untitled

Today, I decided to give a gift to a random stranger.  I had this really lovely bracelet that is comprised of beads, some wooden, some metal letters spelling out the word "gratitudes".  The idea is you use the 10 letters to count 10 things for which you are grateful, and you repeat this every day.  I think this is such a lovely idea, and I wanted to share this gift of gratitude.

Untitled

I got a card in which to put the bracelet.  Since we are dealing with prolonged winter weather, I got a very springy card.  Inside, I wrote a short note, briefly explaining that I am performing 35 acts of kindness to celebrate my upcoming 35th birthday, and today, I wanted to show someone how grateful I was for them.  And that person was, well, it was whomever found the card.

Untitled

I sealed up the card, and tucked it into my purse.  I then went grocery shopping in Butler.  I decided to find a place in the store to put my gift.  After much thought, I left it in the baby food aisle.  I am hopeful that I was able to brighten the day of a whomever it was that found it.

Untitled