Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful for... P.M.A

positivity
Photo Courtesy of ianqui
It is so easy to get sucked into negativity online.  Trust me, I see it all day every day on multiple social media sites, merchant sites, news sites.  Turn on the radio or television.  Negativity seems to be all around us.  And once you let that negativity in, it becomes a vicious cycle.  You feel negative, so you project negativity, get negativity in return, and feel even more negative that when you started.  It can be emotionally draining.

Which is why I am so thankful for my P.M.A.  That is Positive Mental Attitude.  Probably the best thing about doing these 30 Days of Thankful posts this month is that, since I write them at night, I end each day on a decidedly positive note.  A note that leaves me reflecting on all the wonderful, amazing things in my life.

Does this mean my life is perfect?  Hardly.  Does this mean I am never sad? No way.  What it means is that, each day, I have a choice.  I can chose to see my life as negative, and hopeless, or I can choose to see my life as being full of positivity and possibility. Which would you chose?  Why would anyone chose negativity?  Well, once you allow any negativity to creep in, that terrible cycle I mentioned starts, and before you know it, you are stuck.  Trust me, I have been there, far too many times.

Bad things sometimes happen in your life.  You are going to get sad.  That does not mean you cannot still be positive.  It does not mean that you can not keep moving forward toward all the goodness in life.  So right now, I am choosing positivity.  And I am so very thankful that I am able to make that choice.

typewriter