Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful for... open doors

Open door
Photo Courtesy of Annieta
I think I have mentioned in the past that I am not the most patient of people.  Not only do I want what I want right now, I also question what I must be doing wrong when I do not reach my goals immediately.  I try so hard to live every day of my life sure that I am exactly where I need to be in order to reach my destiny, but man oh man, it is not always easy.

Lately, I have been craving change in my life.  Not just my typical "dye my hair a different color" kind of change, something big, and life changing.  I have toyed around with the ideas of pursuing a different degree and career path.  The problem with that is, there are just too many things that interest me.  If I could be a professional scholar of life, that would probably be the perfect gig for me.  Alas, that really is not an option.

So, every day, I plug along, doing my thing, living my life, having faith that this is exactly where God wants me to be.  And just when I start to feel like I am spinning my wheels, doors around me start to open.  Within the past few days, multiple doors of opportunity have opened for me, and new possibilities have ignited my soul.  Some of these may not work out, and I know that full well, but the fact that doors are opening for me, simply because I am being myself and doing things I love, well, that is pretty amazing.

Tonight, I am thankful that God knows the exact perfect moment to open a door or two for me.  I try to live a life that honors God, and to live out my faith in the way that is right for me.  I do not always know, ok to be honest I do not usually know, where my path leads.  I try to simply be faithful and walk that path, enjoying the scenery as I go.  And when that path leads me to an open door I never would have expected, I am immediately reminded of all the blessings in my life.

typewriter