Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Foliage

Each year, the local Tourist Bureau sponsors fall foliage tours.  This year, the weather did not cooperate for a couple of the tours, but there was one really fun day of touring through the county, with the final destination being the Renshaw Family Farm Pumpkin Fest.

The morning was a little gray and drizzly, but we still got to see some gorgeous fall colors, and lovely sites on some scenic county roads.
265


262


I personally loved seeing a lot of the rural areas and animals along the way.
268


The final stop was Pumpkin Fest.  I just love the Renshaw Farm.
189

They always decorate it so nicely, and the scenery is beautiful.  For Pumpkin Fest, they have crafts and decorations for sale, and tons of activities kids.  New this year was an animal park.  It was probably my favorite part of the entire day.

243


239


212


237

By the end of the day, my boots were covered in mud, my hair was windblown, and I was exhausted.  I would say, that indicates it was a good day indeed.