Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie Cups

One of the hardest things about trying to eat a healthy, low fat diet, after years of, well, not, is that I find myself craving comfort foods.  Particularly in the fall.  So when I found myself craving chicken pot pie, I knew I was in trouble.  Every healthy modified version I found was either still to fat laden for my liking, or just sounded disgusting.  So, I came up with these....

IMG_1946


I started off with won ton wrappers.  Using olive oil cooking spray, I lightly sprayed a muffin tin (I found metal works better than silicone in this instance), then I put two won ton wrappers in the bottom of each muffin cup, so that they overlapped and filled the cup.

Next, I created a mixture of the following: 8 ounces of boiled chicken breast tenders which I had shredded, 3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots, 3/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese, and one can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup. I mixed this, along with parsley and poultry seasoning, until blended.  Then, I spooned the filling into each wonton lined cup in the muffin tin.  I popped them into a 350 degree oven until the won tons were crispy and slightly brown.

After removing from the oven, I carefully removed the cups and placed on wax paper to cool, while I repeated the process.  The first dozen was for freezing, the second was for dinner.

I served with oven roasted red potatoes with herbs and reduced fat Parmesan cheese, and more peas and carrots.
IMG_1940


Nutrition information (just for the pot pie cups)
Serving size: 2 cups
Calories: 184
Carbs: 25 g
Fat: 2 g
Protein: 15 g
Fiber: 1g
WW Points Plus: 5