Saturday, September 3, 2011

Women of Faith Weekend

Many of you readers know that I also have a book review blog.  When I started that blog out, it was mainly for myself, and the challenge of analyzing books I owned and loved.  Quickly, I became connected to several Christian publishers that allowed me to review their books, and began also submitting the reviews to the Christian Review of Books.  I review non-religious books most of the time, and now work with many talented independent authors and publishers, both Christian and secular.  

Recently, the very first publisher I signed up with, Thomas Nelson, presented book bloggers with the opportunity to attend a Women of Faith conference in their area, with the agreement that in exchange for the complimentary tickets, the bloggers would post blogs both before and after the conference, as well as add a button to the blog to help spread the word of the conference.  Knowing I would more than likely not get chosen, on a whim I decided to apply for one of the blogger positions.  Much to my surprise, I received word some time ago that I was chosen, and today, I received my tickets in the mail.  I am so excited to attend this conference!

There are day sessions on Friday, which I will miss, but I will be attending the Friday evening sessions, as well as the sessions on Saturday.  I am really looking forward to this little weekend event!  Keep your eyes open next month for the post conference recap!