Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: Woman, You Have Great Faith.

IMG_8838
Matthew 15:28
Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

If you ask five different people to define the word faith, you could get five different answers.  For some people, faith means religion, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish.  To others, faith is a belief, like having faith in yourself.  To others, faith is a commitment to something bigger than yourself, such as being faithful in marriage.  But no matter how you define it, you know that faith is a wonderful thing to have.

I admit, in many ways, I lack faith.  Not faith in God, or the faithfulness of marriage, or anything like that.  No, where I lack faith is within myself.  I forget that God created me to chose the best path possible, to be as strong and healthy as I can.  He created me to have great faith, not only in Him, the creator, but in myself, the creation.

I want to strengthen my faith in myself, faith that I can attain goals that I set, faith that I can be the righteous woman He created me to be.  Faith that one day, I will see Him face to face, and He will say to me "woman, you have great faith".