Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: I Wish

IMG_8396
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.


All my life, I looked for any excuse to make a wish.  Going through a yellow traffic light.  Dandlions. 11:11 on the clock.    Birthday candles.  Every silly superstitious opportunity you can think of.  And from the time I was about 12 until the age of, oh I don't know, 30, these wishes involved romance.  I wish to find a boyfriend.  I wish my boyfriend and I would get back together.  I wish to find true love, someone who loves me for who I really am.  What I should have been wishing for was that I would find God's will, and the patience to see the man He created as my partner.

Now that I have met that man, and found true love, I realize that while it took a long time, all those wishes were actually granted.  And now, I know that what I should be wishing, in fact praying for, is God's will in both our lives.  I wish for happiness for all those I love, for health and peace.  And above all, I wish for them to know how much I love each and every one of them.  They are all my wishes come true.