Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: Flowers

Photobucket"Flowers are appearing on the earth. The season for singing has come.
The cooing of doves is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon 2:12

This is one of my favorite times of year, mostly because flowers are starting to bloom.  And my favorite flower of all time is the daffodil, or as I like to call them, daffy down dillies.  Because they are one of the earliest blooming spring flowers, they can often be the only splash of color in a drap landscape still recovering from winter.

Today, I spent several hours driving around, shooting pictures.  This is becoming a regular activity for me, so I headed to an area I had shot in winter, covered in snow, hoping to see some signs of spring.  And while the green grass and young deer are delightful to see, what struck me most was the thousands of bright yellow daffodils I saw today.  It took every ounce of strength to not pick them.  I just loved how much they brightened up the otherwise brooding atmosphere.

Some people are like that too.  They are bright and shining examples of God's love in a drab or difficult situation.  If I were to be a flower, I would want to be a daffodil, and can only hope I possess the daffodil's ability to brighten others.

So, what kind of flower would you be?