Thursday, March 3, 2011

It Made My Day: Sweet Treat

Last night, Hubby and I went on an impromptu ride to Butler, to just "bum around" as we called it growing up.  No real errands to run, just checking some things out, and getting out together for some quality time.  He mentioned that he should get goodies to take to his coworkers sometime, so I got the genius idea to bake a cake for him to take to work today.  Not just any cake, oh no.  A Giant Cupcake cake.

Green Giant on 365 Project

We got home around 9, and I got to work.  The dark chocolate cake had to be baked in two sections, first the bottom, then the swirly top.  The baking part was not done until after 10.  Then I let it cool a little, and iced it.

The surprise was, I put mint flavoring in the cake mix, as well as the icing, so the whole thing tastes like a thin mint cookie.  Hubby was fast asleep by the time I put on the finishing touch- green sprinkles.

It really did make my day, starting last night and well into today, to do something nice, not only for Hubby, but for his coworkers.  I hope it helped them have a fabulous day!