Thursday, April 15, 2010

Defying Gravity

Lots of things have been changing, or are on the verge of changing, in my life, for several months.

I am now a wife, and am learning what a marriage is, and that while Hubby and I work as a team, not all marriages do so. Some people do not understand that when you hurt one of us, you hurt both of us.

On top of that, I am a stay at home wife. For the first time in years, I have not been working full time for a few months now. It was a big adjustment at first, but Hubby is actually the one who encouraged me to do it, to allow myself time to really find my passion. He encourages my writing, and supports all the healthy changes I am making. And despite what some people may think, I am not relying on him for my sole financial support. I actually prepared for this, and am still paying my own bills, not that its really anyone's business.

We are now dog owners, and it is teaching us so much about ourselves. I fall more in love with Hubby every day, seeing new found tenderness in him.

I am strengthening my relationship with God, and trying to follow where He leads. Some people want to mock this. Eh, fine by me. And I know some people may be hurt by the decisions I make. That part is actually not so fine by me, but I have to trust that everything is going to work out for the best in the long run. If someone really loves me, they will love me no matter what.

I am making wonderful new friendships, and strengthening old ones. Sometimes I push my friends away, afraid to appear weak to them. I am trying hard to break this habit. I pray my friends will be patient.

I feel like a new chapter in my life is starting. If this were a movie or a t.v show, it would be time to que a new musical number. So I have decided to take on a theme song for this time in my life.

The song is called Defying Gravity, from the musical Wicked, and it perfectly describes exactly how I feel right now. For those of you who are unfamiliar, have a listen to Lea Michele from Glee perform it:



So, in short, I think I'll try defying gravity. And you won't bring me down.